Addiction is no laughing matter. There are clinics, programs, and rehab centers for alcohol and drug addiction. There are patches, gum, and even hypnotherapy for eating disorders and nicotine addictions.
But what about those addictions to things we don’t realize are harmful for us? In this episode, I’m going to talk to you a little about an addiction that is becoming one of the leading addictions in the United States
Resources from this episode:
- Addiction Center. (2018). These are the 5 most addictive substances on Earth. Retrieved from https://www.addictioncenter.com/community/these-are-the-5-most-addictive-substances-on-earth/
- Lamotte, S. (2017, December 1). Smartphone addiction could be changing your brain. CNN. Retrieved from https://www.cnn.com/2017/11/30/health/smartphone-addiction-study/index.html
- Pew Research Center. (2018). Mobile fact sheet. Retrieved from https://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/
- Psychology Today. (2018). Dopamine. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/dopamine
- Weinschenk, S. (2012, September 11). Why we’re all addicted to texts, Twitter, and Google. Psychology Today. Retrieved from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/brain-wise/201209/why-were-all-addicted-texts-twitter-and-google